OK, so here's how helpful my friends are: I asked what I should blog about and I was given these topics:
the "rain"
"regional elitism"
air quotes
Really, none of those things are things I tend to write about. Rain doesn't elicit any kind of response from me, I'm a regional elitist myself (though I'm ashamed to admit it), and, well, what can you type about air quotes? So I'll just type until I can think of something to write about.
Hmm, now the conversation has moved to traveling. I can so write about traveling. I love to travel. Here's a list of places I've been: France, Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, England, New Zealand, Japan, and of course, Mexico and Canada (oh yeah, and the airport in Amsterdam). Loved every single place, though I would like to go back to Japan to give it another chance. I stayed too much in the urban areas, and was thus very crowded and always ecstatic when I saw a tree. However, towards the end of that trip we started to discover the non-populated areas, and they were awesome.
So now to places I would like to see. Well, everywhere! Places that were brought up in our coversation that all appeal to me are Iceland and Siberia. OK, so maybe Siberia doesn't appeal to me quite so much, but I would love to go to Russia. The far east was never really high on my list, iehter, but now I find myself wanting to go to China and Thailand, at the very least. In any case, it may be easier to just say where I don't want to go: Middle East (though I'd like to go to the Holy Land - if the unrest ever gets rested), most of Africa (again, a little scared for my safety) and, well....I think that's about it. Otherwise, if you want a travel companion and I can afford it, let me know - I'll join in!
Any places any of you want to see one day? Post me a comment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment