Tuesday, April 1, 2008

10 Things I've Done (or had done to me)

In keeping with the theme of my previous post, I thought I'd continue my informative 10-point posts:

1) I have been bungy jumping (yes, bungy jumping - that's how they spelled it where I did it!). Anyway, an interesting fact about that: I was goaded on to do it by none other than my own father.

2) I have been stepped on by a horse. Ask to see the big dent in my right arm someday! (I have also had that same horse slip and fall right out from under me. Interesting feeling, that). Actually, I have quite a few falling-off-of-horses stories if you're ever interested.

3) I was picked up for speeding twice within an hour and a half of each other. In each case I was going 71 in a 55, and in each case I got ticketed. Stupid cops. That reminds me, I've also ridden in the back of a cop car (completely unrelated to the tickets).

4) I have been to 12 countries and 48 states (despite the fact that I've been to New England twice in the past 2 years, I have yet to make it to Maine. The other state? Alaska).

5) I used to be in a steel drum band (I've got a CD we recorded in a professional-type recording session to prove it!)

6) I once played hooky in high school to go skiing with my brother. Maybe not a big deal to some people, but this is ME we're talking about!

7) I have been a bridesmaid in 5 weddings (so far) and have 3 ugly bridesmaid gowns, one cocktail dress and a hockey jersey to show for it.

8) I have rollerbladed in two marathons and two Sun 75 events (another funny story - a week after making it back from one of those 75-mile skates, which I made through safely, I wiped out on my skates and got a nasty road rash on the back of my left leg).

9) I got bit by the same dog twice within a month in the exact same spot behind my knee - and both times it was my own dog's fault.

and the big one:

10) I fell off my roof two years ago and broke three bones: the radius (by my elbow) in my left arm, and tibia (middle of shin) and fibula (up by knee) in my left leg. As a result, I had to use a walker with an arm platform for a month because my broken arm couldn't handle crutches.

No comments: