OK, so I have absolutely nothing of substance to write tonight, but thought that it was high time I post something, seeing as it's been over a week. I'm slacking! Anyway, I know, you're wondering when I have posted something of substance, so how is this different? I'll have to get back you on that in another blog. Hey, another topic for the future! Yeah!
So, what should I write about? I'll take suggestions if you're inclined to give any. I'm not particularly inclined (hmm, that must be my word for the night) to write about politics or world events, nor do I really want to write about school. However, I do have a (really bad) joke I read today on Google's "A Joke A Day" that reminded me of us pathetic law school students. I suppose I can have that as my blog! So, here goes (and remember, I've warned you, it's bad. It's just got a part that's so on point!):
A guy walks into a bar (yes, it's a bar joke) and the bartender asks him "What'll you have?" The guy answers, "A scotch, please," The bartender hands him the drink, and says "That'll be five dollars", to which he replies, "What are you talking about? I don't owe you anything for this."
(do you see where we're going yet?)
A lawyer (aha!), sitting nearby and overhearing the conversation, then says to the bartender, "You know, he's got you there. In the original offer, which constitutes a binding contract upon acceptance, there was no stipulation of renumeration." The bartender's not impressed, but says to the guy, "Okay, you beat me for a drink. But don't ever let me catch you in here again."
The next day, the same guy walks into the bar. The bartender says, "What are you doing here? I can't believe you got the audacity to come back!"
The guy says, "What are you talking about? I've never been in this place in my life." To which the bartender replies, "I'm very sorry, but this is uncanny. You must have a double."
To which the guy replies, "Thank you! Make it a scotch!"
I TOLD you it was bad! But the lawyer interjecting his point of wisdom just got to me. Now tell me why the lawyer was wrong! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment